True Resources is committed to providing healthy and safe workplaces, striving to achieve an injury free work environment for all personnel whilst achieving operational excellence.
SCOPE AND IMPLEMENTATION
This policy applies to all employees, directors, contractors and consultants of the Company. Complete and consistent implementation of this policy and its supporting standards and procedures will be verified through regular audit and review processes.
To meet the objectives of the Health and Safety Policy, the Company will:
- ensure good engineering practices, thorough training, development of safe working practices and ensure our managers lead by example at all times;
- ensure compliance with relevant safety and health regulations.
- develop a culture where employees and contractors are aware of the safety hazards around them, their personal obligations and to act accordingly.
- provide information, instruction, training and supervision where necessary, endeavouring to ensure that the health and safety of its employees and contractors is protected.
To meet the objectives of the Health and Safety Policy, employees will:
- accept responsibility for the safe operation of all activities under their control and acknowledge their duty in protecting themselves and their fellow workers from injury
- wear personal protective equipment and clothing where necessary
- comply with any direction given by management for health and safety
- not misuse or interfere with anything provided for health and safety
- report all accidents and incidents on the job immediately, no matter how trivial
- report all known or observed hazards to their supervisor or manager
Contractors and their representatives shall be made aware of the Company’s Health and Safety policy, reinforced from time to time as necessary, and where practicable, clauses requiring attention to safety practices shall be inserted into contract documents. For detailed information on our Fitness for Work Policy and other safety related policies and procedures (health and hygiene management, drug and alcohol testing) please see the WHS Standard Operating Procedures Manual.